Adventure Out has been running expedition-based experiential learning programs for youth development since 1984.
Our School programs remain a rite of passage for thousands of students each year. We have an infectious love for the outdoors, and a passion for environmental education.
Experiential learning and self-development through adventure and fun is our forte. The experiential programs we deliver are complimentary to the in-school learnings delivered by the teaching and educational staff.
- DISCOVER EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES
- CREATE YOUR OWN EDUCATIONAL PACKAGE
- DISCOVER EDUCATIONAL TRECKS
Adventure Out continues to hold true to the values of ‘what’ is the outdoors, and how interacting with the outdoors can be a meaningful exchange of merit and inspiration between the participant and the environment. At Adventure Out we reach for knowledge and experience that is beyond the urban environment, reaching to connect with nature in challenging and enjoyable ways. We explore the frontier of that unknown; enabling our customers to explore and broaden the comfort zone frontiers that is both within, and the environmental edge that is the outer most reach of one’s physical and emotional limits.
We are purest, and proudly so. What tests you? What makes you whole? It’s something to do with conspicuous moderation – strip the metropolitan world back, internally and externally, and tap into that purity. The frontier of discovery. At Adventure Out you are the frontier. Rediscover your purpose, acknowledge your capability, expand your limits! Wow, beautiful.
- Outback bush camping
- Abseiling, Climbing & Ziplining
- Raft building & rafting
- Practical problem-solving activities
- Thinking critically, creatively and strategically
- Orienteering & navigation
- Experiential Activity programs on location
OUTCOMES & BENEFITS
- Physical activity, commitment and a willingness to step out of established comfort zones
- Places strong demands on team members to listen, be supportive to encourage others and celebrate success.
- Promotes a strong team identity from the shared experience
- Develops a high level of trust among all team members
- Leads to higher levels of respect between team members
Why is development training a beneficial investment?
- IMPROVE RETENTION: The Retention Report from the Work Institute tells us that companies can and must become better employers to retain and engage their employees, that more than 3 in 4 employees who quit could have been retained by their employers; 75% of employee turnover is preventable. Replacing an employee costs 33% of that employee’s annual salary. Employee development programs are one of the most consistent ways employers can improve retention, upwards of 25% of employees leave for personal and career development reasons. Satisfied employees who feel appreciated are more likely to stay with the company.
- CREATE & HARNESS A POSITIVE CULTURE: If a company wants its customer to trust it, to be perceived as ‘great’, loyal, the industry leader. Then the company needs to BE all of these things; trusting, great, loyal, the industry leader. This begins and end with the employees. Employees increasingly value company culture when deciding where to work, and customers frequently make buying decisions based on the culture of the brand. Investing in your human capital and providing professional development opportunities can help create that purpose-driven culture.
- REDUCE YOUR OPERATING COSTS: Happy employees are productive employees. They take fewer sick days, they are retained and progress with the same company, they produce at a more effective pace and level. Investing in team building development training requires an upfront investment, however we believe and have seen through our customers successes that it will improve your bottom line in the long run.
- ATTRACT THE BEST TALENT: In any industry, great leaders and great companies attract top talent. Team development training can help harbour, build and retain the best talent internally, additionally, when you do have a need to hire externally, your leaders and their teams will know how to spot, attract and retain the best person for the job.
- SURPRISE & DELIGHT: Not everyone who takes part in your team building development program will grow, behave or react the way you anticipate they will – and that’s OK. Everyone in your team who participates will still learn valuable skills that are essential to running an agile, performing, response-ready business.
We’d love to talk with you about what you would like to achieve for your team and your company out of our team building programs. We’ve a selection of activities to choose from to assist in tailoring the program delivery to meet your specific needs. We’ve included some basic insights below, of these individual activities to provide you with examples of how our programs can work.
We run our programs all across Australia, from beautiful Kings Park in the Perth CBD, to the Kimberly region or the outback reaches of the Northern Territory. We utilise the environmental surroundings to suit the outcomes desired of the program. We run programs from half day morning or afternoon activities, through to complete multi-day experiences.
OUTCOMES & BENEFITS
- Ignite the human spirit
- Empowering resilience & grit
- Evoke good citizenship
- Develop risk identification & management
- Collaboration and cooperation in promoting collective common
- objectives; ‘Teamwork’
- Promote positive self-esteem and wellbeing
- Development of Practical Skills: through participating in and leading adventure activities involving outdoor expeditions; students develop independent exploration skills through rock-climbing, kayaking, canoeing, abseiling, hiking, surfing, swimming and through conservation activities such as habitat awareness.
- Outdoor competency skills: development of independent and self-reliant living skills. In this the students assume responsibility for decisions and implementation of outdoor living such a menu planning and preparation, personal and group discipline with equipment storage and order, camp set up.
- Leadership Skills: Students are given the opportunity with each task to take on different roles within the group to experience the change in dynamic. The camp and groups facilitators provide the students with opportunity to verbally break down the group dynamics and different leadership roles and skills, as well as provide the situational experiential leadership learning opportunities.
- Safety and wellbeing: Assisting students with developing decision-making tools and models for safe outdoor journeys. Students learn about preparation and planning for an outdoor expedition, emergency procedures, mental and physical Fitness, as well as ‘Real and Perceived Risk’. Students learn about the holistic aim of safety management, encompassing communication models and management. Matching aims and objectives with philosophy, group and environment.
- Environmental consciousness: Identifying and developing knowledge of the student’s environment surroundings required for safe and effective outdoor activity. Safe and effective for both the participant and the habitat. This involves the students investigating and identifying the skills and knowledge required for ‘Not’ only a safe journey in particular environments, with a focus on an ethical lens towards a sustainable footprint.
Outdoor Education Australia advocates that every child has a right to access quality Outdoor Education as part of a balanced curriculum from pre-school to Year 12. Outdoor education provides opportunities to develop positive relationships with the environment, others and ourselves through interaction with the natural world.
Outdoor education engages students in practical and active learning experiences in natural environments, situations and settings beyond the school classroom. In these conditions, students develop the skills and understandings to move safely and competently while valuing a positive relationship with natural environments and promoting the sustainable use of these environments. The students develop lifelong skills of observation, respect for nature, and understanding of their own competencies with an insight to one’s own resilience.
Outdoor education is uniquely placed to address the general capabilities and cross curriculum priorities of the Australian Curriculum; personal and social capability, critical and creative thinking, ethical understanding and moral behaviours, Aboriginal perspectives of land and country, and environmental sustainability.
At Adventure Out we’re dedicated to preserving and protecting our invaluable natural environment through experiential learning. Understanding the world around us, recognizing its beauty and minimizing our impact within it, are the necessary steps toward a healthy planet and sustainable society.