Hi, My name is Terry.
- Working with children’s check: 955886
- Qualified Automotive Mechanical Engineer
- Diploma of Outdoor Recreation
- NORLS Certified
- Cert IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- St John First Aid Certificate
- Working at Heights Certificate
I grew up in the Pilbara and Murchison regions, completing an apprenticeship and working as an automotive mechanic. In 1974 I joined the Australian Army and spent 10 out of 12 years of my service in the Special Air Service Regiment (SAS), completing this time as the Troop Sergeant and commandeer of an Air Mobility Troop within an Operational Squadron. During my service I was awarded a ‘Commendation for Bravery’.
I founded Adventure Out Australia in 1984 with the aim to share my knowledge and understanding of life and leadership through outdoor education. Since then, I have worked extensively with and for the community both in WA and in Papua New Guinea. I participated in the creation of an outdoor industry association, Outdoor WA, and served in various roles on the committee for over 15 years.
I believe strongly in civic responsibility. I have worked with many outstanding individuals and companies in the creation of charity fundraising events across Australia through our not-for-profit Urban Descent. As of 2021 we have assisted in raising $12 Million Dollars for various charities. In 2017 I was awarded the ‘Order of Australia Medal’ for my services to charity and the outdoor adventure tourism industry.
I am passionate about
Preserving the environment, reducing our impact on the globe. I enjoy traveling both overseas and within Australia. My favourite place is the Kimberley region WA.
- Assisting in the development and support of remote communities within WA and PNG.
- Educating others on sustainable practices while continuing to expand my own knowledge.
- Travelling and spending time with my family
- My favourite place in the world is the village of Buna in Papua New Guinea