Have you ever wanted to trek the Kimberley? Go on an epic adventure? Touch the heart of Australia?
Adventure Out's Kimberley treks are for the legs, the eyes, the heart and the soul. We trek in collaboration with the Traditional Owners and station landowners, with access to over 1,000,000 hectares of unspoilt traditional landscape. Our treks take place in a wilderness frontier of natural beauty and a rich ancient culture.
"go where other tourists can’t!"
Our Kimberly treks are packed full of hiking, swimming and exploring, rather than sitting on buses all day. We permit you to go where other tourists can't! Explore waterfalls, gorges, swimming holes, bush tracks, shady canopy's full of wildlife, and historical sights. Visiting Doon Doon/ Kachana country is by invitation only. Adventure Out operates small groups with less than 15 people. We offer nature uncluttered, no signage, no tour buses, no crowds, no tech. Just the natural environment rich in diversity, a 60,000 year old culture, and you.
We border the southern boundary of El Questro; an internationally recognised wilderness park of over 283,000 hectares in the East Kimberley, referred to as the 'Heart of the Kimberley'. El Questro’s southern boundary is where the Kimberley's most spectacular terrain begins, the wilds where a pioneering spirit is required to venture beyond the modern and urban.
Doon Doon and Kachana country offers a range of multi-day treks for all ages and all abilities; families, individuals who have a mobility impairment, or the hard-core adventurer who seeks a unique remoteness, step from the edge of urban comfort and venture onto the frontier. These adventures offer a natural beauty that has been protected from the incursion of highly developed tourism.
Why Choose our Kimberley Treks?
Adventure Out have been conducting remote wilderness trek in the Kimberley since 2001, over 120 groups have experienced this unique opportunity.
We've built an itinerary which gives you the absolute best of the Kimberley
Our focus is walking on Country following Song Lines of the Traditional Owners., Campsites defined by natures window and 'Leave no Trace', next morning walk to relocate camp on frontier of discovery, gently caressed by low volume small groups. 4WD vehicles enable access and egress with minimal impact on ground, balanced to consider personal comfort and environmental needs.
- 4-8 days treks experiencing the absolute best of the Kimberley, with the knowledge your immersion is considered sacred.
- Easy/moderate/hard options to accommodate treks between 5-8or up 12-15 km's, either supported with 4WD and camp trailer, or backpack expedition style.
- Comfortable camping – Roll out your swag under the stars Selected treks finish with the last overnight stay at Kachana station homestead.
- Light aircraft departure from Kununurra, onto a bush landing ground, which is 'Raw' excitement and will redefine your understanding, of where a light aircraft can land
- Campfire cuisine with fresh ingredients with vehicle supported treks. When light aircraft are employed, our first night is with fresh ingredients, then home prepared dehydrated meals support with freshly acquired protein.
- Evening activities are campfire based preparing damper and food for the next day, map reconnaissance and route planning, conversations of Country, Nature, Pioneers and First Nations People. Early into swags, the East Kimberley dawn commences before 5:00am at a time considered winter, natural daylight saving. Summertime however, 3:45am birds commence their chorus.